The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration issued preventive suspension orders against eight recruitment agencies found to have provided fraudulent documents to their recruited workers who were eventually barred by the Bureau of Immigration from leaving the country.
Administrator Hans Leo J. Cacdac identified the recruitment agencies as:
- Experts Placement Agency, Inc., Zareiko Production, Inc.,
- Dobim International Manpower Services.
- Chosen Divine Mercy Manpower Services Corporation,
- Tibiao Antique Manpower Corporation,
- Nahed International Manpower Services,
- Trustworthy International Manpower Corporation, and
- Ridzkey Human Resources International Services.
The eight agencies were among those previously endorsed to the POEA by the Bureau of Immigration for administrative sanctions.
Cacdac said the Bureau of Immigration reported that the workers initially presented at the airport travel and employment documents stating they were bound for the United Arab Emirates to work as office clerks, salespersons, cashier, among others, but were also in possession of visas and itinerary tickets either for Jordan or Lebanon to work as household services workers.
Cacdac directed the POEA’s Adjudication Office to speed up hearing of the cases and submit their respective recommendations for the issuance of final order.